Licensed Psychologist, LMFT, LCSW or LPCC Specializing in Couples Therapy
Are you a passionate, committed, highly-trained therapist looking to make an impact in the world by changing the way people relate to each other? Are you committed to your own personal growth and development? This might be the role for you!
Couples Learn is a growing online private practice based in Los Angeles, CA providing online couples and individual therapy in the area of love and relationships. We provide Zoom sessions to high functioning, well-educated, professional clients who are insightful and motivated. Our clientele consists of approximately 70% couples and 30% individuals (private pay – no insurance). We are expanding our small team of highly trained therapists to help couples and individuals heal their relationships. As a company, we are committed to anti-racism, diversity, inclusion and social justice and ask that all future team members are too.
This is a telehealth position so you can work from anywhere as long as you are licensed in CA. We are seeking part-time and full-time employees.
What We Provide
Set your own schedule with a requirement of 2 evenings until 8pm plus 1 weekend half day per week OR work 3 weeknights until 8pm and no weekends. This schedule is negotiable after your caseload is full. Work full-time or part-time. Team members are allowed unlimited time off.
Job Satisfaction & Quality of Life
You get to do minimal admin work while making a comfortable and competitive income so you have time to enjoy your family, hobbies, travel – whatever brings quality and meaning to your life!
We offer flexible health benefits. You choose your insurance plan and we will reimburse you for a portion of the premium payment every month. This benefit is available for employees who work 15 clinical hours or more per week.
We are a small team and we value connection. We meet as a team every other week via video chat for training, consultation and support.
Stress Free Private Practice
We do all the marketing and business admin for you so you can focus on the part of your work you love – helping others who are motivated and ready for change. We provide all the structure and systems you need for a successful and ethical practice.
As a W2 employee, you will make a competitive hourly rate with a trajectory for growth over time. As we grow our team, we will continue to add benefits and reward longevity with the company.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is an excellent Licensed Psychologist, LMFT, LCSW or LPCC who is passionate about love & relationships, experienced in working with couples and individuals with attachment wounding, and wants the flexibility and rewards of working from home in a private practice without the stress of startup, marketing, and administrative costs. Candidates who are completing hours for licensure will also be considered.
- You are well trained. You come from an accredited graduate program, are committed to continuing education and have excellent references.
- You are committed to your own personal growth and doing your inner work – inside and outside of this position. This includes understanding how your personal experiences, biases, cultural conditioning, and (if applicable) privilege have impacted and shaped you and how you show up.
- You’re confident. You’re not only confident in your worth as a human, but you’re also confident in your skillset as a couples therapist.
- You’re humble. You recognize that feedback is important for growth and you don’t take it personally. You aren’t afraid to ask for help or guidance when needed. We strive to be open, non-judgemental and approachable to create a space where you feel safe and comfortable.
- You show integrity. You follow-through by keeping your word and doing what you say you’ll do, when you say you will do it. If you need to break an agreement, you address it proactively rather than hoping it will go unnoticed.
- You are organized. You have a system to keep yourself organized and accountable.
- You want to stay for a while. We really want someone who desires to be a dedicated part of our growing company at least for the next several years. We provide opportunities for income growth based on time spent with the company, performance, and caseload.
Professional and Technical Qualifications:
- California licensed therapist (unlicensed trainees with advanced couples training will also be considered.).
- Experience working with couples.
- Has completed at least the 1st level of Gottman, Imago, EFT, PACT, or other specialized training in the area of couples therapy. Must be willing to complete level 2 of this training within 6 months of starting.
- Comfortable with technology – Must be comfortable working on Zoom & Google Calendar. All of our work is done electronically so general comfort with technology is a must.
- Has a quiet, private place with a high-speed internet connection to work from with a nice looking, professional background.
- Complete free 30 min consultations for your prospective clients to sell them on you and determine the goodness of fit.
- Provide 50-minute and/or 80-minute therapy sessions via HIPAA compliant Zoom.
- Complete documentation within 24hrs of completing a session.
- Track your caseload through our tracking system.
- Manage your own schedule.
- Maintain current license to practice in CA.
- Maintain current malpractice insurance.
- Adhere to ethical standards required by our field.
How to Apply
Applications received without a cover letter or without completing the online questionnaire will not be considered.
Your Cover Letter Should Include:
- Your experience working with couples (when, where, estimate how many hours)
- Your advanced training specifically about love & relationships with the exact name of the training completed (i.e. Gottman L2, EFT externship, Imago L3, PACT L1, etc.)
- Why you want to work for Couples Learn and why you think you’re a good fit based on our job description and website.