Licensed Psychologist, LMFT or LSCW Specializing
in Couples Therapy
CA Telehealth Position
Couples Learn is a growing private practice based in Los Angeles, CA providing online couples and individual therapy to those having difficulty in the area of love and relationships. We provide online sessions through a secure video chat service to high functioning, well educated, professional clients; most of whom are doctors, lawyers, therapists, entrepreneurs and entertainment professionals. Our clientele consists of approximately 80% couples and 20% individuals. Our typical client is a couple between the ages of 25-45, has been in their relationship 5 years or less, and is on the verge of breaking up due to repeated fighting and disconnection in their relationship.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is an excellent Licensed Psychologist, LMFT, or LCSW who is passionate about couples’ issues, experienced in working with couples, and wants the flexibility and rewards of working from home in a private practice without the stress of startup, marketing, and administrative costs.
The ideal candidate is also aware that building a full caseload in private practice takes time. Thus, someone who is financially able to support themselves as we build your caseload to 20+ clients per week over the course of 6 months to 1 year is ideal.
Those with part-time agency jobs looking to transition out into private practice are encouraged to apply as are early career therapists looking for a plug and play private practice. The ideal candidate is not someone who wants to use this as a building block to learn how to build their own practice. We are seeking someone who would like to be employed in a group practice setting long-term.
We will take care of getting you clients through our digital marketing system and providing all the structure needed for a successful practice (marketing, online scheduling, electronic medical records, billing, etc.) and you provide excellent clinical service for our clients.
This is a telehealth position so you can work from anywhere as long as you are licensed in CA.
- California Licensed Ph.D. or Psy.D. from an APA Accredited Program OR CA Licensed MFT from a COAMFTE-accredited program or an LCSW from a CSWE accredited program.
- At least 1 year experience working with couples.
- Has taken at least one advanced training in working with couples (e.g. has completed at least the 1st level of Gottman, Imago, EFT, PACT, or other specialized training in the area of couples therapy. If applicant has not completed any such training, they must be willing to do so before starting at their own cost.)
- Is comfortable and confident working with well-educated, professional men and women with demanding schedules and lifestyles.
- Good executive presence, well spoken, and projects confidence when meeting and working with clients.
- Wants to be an instrumental force of hope, encouragement, and empowerment for couples and individuals seeking healthy and fulfilling relationships.
- Excellent references and client retention rates.
- Comfortable with technology – 100% of our sessions are provided via video chat so you must be comfortable working on video. All scheduling is done online, all records are kept on an electronic medical records system, and all billing is done electronically.
- Has or is willing to purchase updated technology (laptop from 2016 or later with a built-in webcam and high-quality headphones with a mic) to provide a seamless client experience.
- Has a quiet, private place with a high-speed internet connection to work from when seeing clients with a nice looking, professional background.
- Wants to eventually see 20+ clients per week but is ok with building up to that over the course of 6-12 months.
- Is able to work 2 evenings until 8pm and one weekend half day (4hrs) as part of your regular schedule.
- Complete free 30 min consultations for your prospective clients to determine the goodness of fit.
- Provide 50-minute and/or 80-minute therapy sessions via video chat for couples and individuals (80% of our clients are couples).
- Complete therapy notes within 24hrs of completing a session.
- Manage your own schedule.
- Submit superbills for clients at the end of every month through our electronic medical records system.
- Maintain current license to practice in CA.
- Adhere to ethical standards required by our field.
- Be willing to make promotional videos for the Couples Learn website and social media to help potential clients get to know you.
How to Apply:
Applications received without a cover letter or without completing the online questionnaire will not be considered.
Please complete this questionnaire prior to sending in your application – https://forms.gle/BbR6pQdms19yaugf6
Your Cover Letter Should Include:
- Your experience working with couples
- Your theoretical orientation in working with couples and individuals with relationship concerns
- Any advanced training, CE credits, or books read specifically about relationships (i.e. Gottman, EFT, Imago, PACT, etc.)
- Your career goals for the present and future
- Why you want to work for Couples Learn
- Please indicate whether or not your graduate program and internship are accredited by APA or COAMFTE or CSWE
What We Provide
- Set your own schedule with a requirement of 2 evenings until 8pm and 1 weekend half day per week.
- Work from anywhere with WiFi and privacy!
- Learn how to convert consults to clients
- Training to get you up and running on all systems
- Case consultation as needed.
- We provide all marketing.
- Steady client sourcing. Average of 1-3 new client consults per week.
- HIPAA Compliant systems to run your own scheduling, billing, super billing, video platform, practice management software, Couples Learn domain email.